Thank you very much Freda of THE ADVENTURES OF THE EMPRESS OF THE UNIVERSE for presenting the VERSATILE BLOGGER award to me. I appreciate it!
Freda is a fantastic quilter and does such a great job with her blog!
When accepting the award, the recipient is supposed to list 7 things about themselves that others may not know, so here goes.
1. I once lived in Garner, NC in 1979, which is where American Idol contestant Scottie McCreery is from. Does that make me almost famous? :o)
2. I am the youngest of 5 children, raised on a tobacco farm. We were sharecroppers and lived in a huge farmhouse well off the main road. There were 2 large ponds in which I swam and fished. I grew up on a true homestead, so I guess that's why that lifestyle appeals to me now. My childhood memories include things like killing hogs, working in the tobacco, picking produce and helping freeze and can it.
My sister and me in the late 1950s.
3. I once took scuba diving lessons. I was a strong swimmer at one time and thought I'd be good at it, but failed due to the fact I just didn't like it. Oh well, I guess I learned to quilt instead!
4. My job is being a paralegal which I have done for going on 24 years now. I also do bookkeeping. If I could choose what I do at work, it would be to sit in a back room doing the books, where I never had to talk to the public. But what I really want to do is retire early!
5. I have been blogging for 4 years! (I think its time for a celebration give away)
6. I have self diagnosed myself as having obsessive compulsive disorder. I'm one of those people who check to see if the coffee pot is off 3 times and then one more time before going out the door!!!
7. My favorite food is spaghetti and doritos. My least favorite would be greens, like collards, turnips, etc. I am a carb addict!
I'm not too good at passing awards along, but if anyone would like to reveal 7 things about themselves, I would love to give you the award!