Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Dreams

There are always a couple of weeks in early Spring in my area of the South when you think you can start working in the yard and garden, but the weather just won't quite cooperate! If the temperature warms up, the wind will be blowing at gale force. If the wind isn't blowing its cold. But any day now the back and forth fight between Winter and Spring/Summer will be over and at long last the flowers will be blooming.

I love this little rock. The white ball things are from the China berry tree above it. In the South we call them Chainey Ball Trees. There is also a plant marker left over from last year. This area is on the list to be cleaned out for Spring.



Here are some more pictures from around the early Spring yard.








My Sweetie's Valentine gift... a grape vine.

6 comments:

Little Penpen said...

Everything is looking so fresh and green. We are going to put out pinestraw in the back yard today. (if the wind doesn't blow us away) I am going to try to find pic's of my former farmhouse and send to you. You will see how why I am in love with your new house.

Auntie M said...

Ooh! We had two wonderfully large grapevines at the homeplace. I do not know when they were town down or if the one across the road is still there.

When do we start the wine???? Our father was a gifted winemaker - scuppernong and muscadine. Ask Hubby if he remembers.

Have a wonderful week.

ancient one said...

yep, we still call them chainey ball trees... I was thinking the same thing as Penny.. that your home looks alot like their house in V.boro. I'm itching to plant some things too... but I know better.. gotta wait for the 15th day of April.

Rhonda said...

Enjoyed your yard pictures! It's always such a boost in the spring to see things sprouting, blooming and greening-up. :)

Granny said...

Everything looks great. The grape vine will be wonderful.

Jillian said...

Beautiful! : ) There's something so special about early springtime! Keep us posted on the grapevine progress : ) I've always been interested in them. A lovely idea to purchase one as a gift!

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...