Friday, February 25, 2011

In The Sewing Room This Morning With - the Party Animal

Wow, its Friday!!!

Here's what's going on in the sewing room.

Sitting above the window.



Planning and experimenting with fabrics for a new pocketbook.



I have begun machine quilting the Picnic in the Park quilt and in fact have finished 1/2 of the quilting. I have to confess that my plan to try out various other free motion quilting designs has been postponed for now. I practiced making a simple vine with leaves on a practice swatch and made progress on it, but NOT nearly good enough to use on a real quilt, even if it is a scrap quilt. I tried quilting the vine with leaves on one square of the quilt and was not happy with it at all. I then spent an hour taking out the stitches. Yuck! I hated it.

So I returned to my old standby of simple meander quilting for now. I haven't given up on learning different quilting designs, however. You may see some different quilting designs on this blog soon.









The back of the quilt.





Practicing!



This weekend I have so many projects to work on! I want to make some mug rugs, pillow shams to go with the Farmhouse Magic Quilt, a pocketbook, start on the quilt for my soon to be born Great-Neice, finish the Picnic in the Park quilt and it goes on and on.....

Fun, fun, fun in the sewing room. Yes, I am a real party animal, right??

8 comments:

Denise said...

Debbie you are my kind of party animal.....I'm going to a morning party tomorrow at the local quilt shop, they even provide the beverage.....coffee that is, LOL. I can't wait to see what you got done over the weekend!

Rita said...

It is fun to see what you are doing. How do you like your new machine? Do you think it will be your favorite or do you wish you had one with more stitches or different feet possibilities? Just wondering. Have Fun!

Auntie M said...

Great post today! From the close-ups of the quilt, I recognized two more scraps from my stash. That pleased me.

You keep partying. We are working on home improvement - painting and putting down new floor in the living room and dining room. It takes forever!

Have a great weekend.

Little Penpen said...

Sounds like a good party to me! I have had a great week, puttering around the house and actually sewing!! Back to work for me tomorrow though... ugh... but that's ok, that gives me my fabric and thrift store money! :o)

Granny said...

The more I see of the Picnic in the Park quilt the more I love it. I think it's one of my favorite scrap quilts.

The fabrics you have laid out for the purse are beautiful. Can't wait to see it finished.

Sounds like you have your weekend all planned. Have fun.

Susan said...

My kind of partying! :) I finally finished my baby quilt, so I feel like having a party. I love your black/white/red combo for the purse, and your quilt is just fantastic! I bought my first vintage sheet yesterday to begin my stash to make a quilt from vintage sheets. I also have a purse in the works for my sister, and a quilt-along that I need to get started in before everyone else is finished. Good times!

ancient one said...

Sounds like you are going to be busy... nothing better than doing things you love to do...

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
Iam going to join you.This is my kind of party. I have so many projects to finish up. Today while we were out while Dave got a haircut I hung out in the fabric store.
Have fun.
Elizabeth

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...