Wednesday, March 17, 2010

HOME



Home for me is so many things.... its where my loved ones are, where memories of my loved ones are, the place on earth that I love... and so much more. Here are some quotes about home. I don't know the source of many of them, just heard them somewhere along this life's journey.

Home is a soft place to land.

Home is the nicest word I know! Laura Ingalls

Home is the place you hang your heart.

98% of homes in America have tv sets, which means the other 2% have to make their own sex and violence.

To keep children at home, make the atmosphere pleasant and let the air out of their tires.

For kids in college its their "home" home. Which means its their "real" home.

Take me home Country Roads, to the place I belong. John Denver

A man travels the whole world over, only to return home and find it. (George Moore)

Life's a voyage that's homeward bound. (Herman Melville)

Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam,
Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home. (John Howard Payne)

A good home must be made, not bought. (Joyce Maynard)

A house that does not have one worn, comfy chair in it is soulless. (May Sarton)

My home is not a place, it is people. (Lois McMaster Bujold)

"I like calling North Carolina Home" (NC tourism theme song from the past)

Oh Lord, I wanna go home. (song)

A house is made of walls and beams; a home is built with love and dreams.

Home is not where you live, but where they understand you.

“Home is where you can say anything you please, because nobody pays any attention to you anyway”

Home is where you can scratch where it itches.

I want Jesus to make a home in my Soul (Revelation 3:20)

Someday I hope to go to my Heavenly Home.

My heart won't be at peace until I am really "home".

What is your definition of Home?

8 comments:

Pen Pen said...

Those are very nice quotes! I love HOME!

Anonymous said...

I'm a homebody, so I loved the quotes! :)


Melinda

Nanci said...

Although I can no longer remember the source, one of my favorite "home" quotes is

"If heaven is my heavenly home, then shouldn't home be my earthly heaven?"

Elizabeth said...

Oh Debbie I love the front porch. I can just see pots of beautiful flowers and a porch swing. :)
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Carolyn said...

Debbie,
It's beautiful! I hope you have many wonderful years there with your hubby and make lots of new memories.

Mom2fur said...

Beautiful quotes, Debbie. I always liked the 'soft place to land' one. If you can't be your true and comfortable self in your own home, where can you be?

Lyn said...

Hi Debbie, :)
I have a few more for you:

"Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home."

"Home is where the heart is."

For myself, I think a house is just a house, but it's the love and people inside the home that makes it a home. Anywhere one goes they can make it their home.

Although it's wonderful to have a nice place to live and pretty things to look at, it is all temporary and just "stuff". It's amazing how people can make do with very little in the world and still call wherever they are "home", even somewhere like a shack with dirt floors - it's because of the people and the love within.

I think here in America we are all quite spoiled with our material things. In this season of my life I am not a fan of "stuff", I actually want less of it. I'm probably not the norm (at least it seems that way out in bloggy land) but I'm not into decorating, collecting, and fancy things. I'm looking forward to an eternal home in heaven - no dusting, organizing, or cleaning! Sounds great to me! ;)

The Working Home Keeper said...

I like calling North Carolina home :)

Mary Ellen

A Slice of My Life October 9, 2017

Good Morning! I worked in the sewing room on Saturday and completed two more of the small monogrammed tote bags that I am working on for C...