Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Weekend Sewing

Well, its back to work today.... in just a few minutes to be exact. It was an extremely busy weekend, but I did manage to make a few small projects.

This is a small tote bag I made using the tutorial found at the P.S., I Quilt, Blog HERE. It is a cute size, perfect for carrying around a camera, cell phone or to use for a small gift bag or little girl's purse.



This bag uses 5 inch strips and since I had some 5 inch charm squares in coordinating colors I used a blue theme for the one above. Here are three more sets of charm squares in other color schemes that I may make more bags from -- Lavender, yellow/blue and green/burgundy/black.



I also started restocking my Etsy Shop with clothespin bags in preparation for Spring. Here's one:




Right before bed last night I threw this fabric bag together. The lemon fabric was left over from a project make by my daughter a while back. It might find a home with her. :o)



Have a great day and HAPPY HOMEMAKING!

10 comments:

Little Penpen said...

The little bags are so adorable... love the scrappy look, too! I'll be glad when I can use my clothesline again and I love the lemon fabric!!!

Terri said...

Thanks for sharing the link, Debbie. I think I'm going to attempt this!

Alexandra said...

I really like that bag, and coincidentally I've been looking for another one of those. I use a similar bag now. Could I request a custom order for this type of bag? I can email you at your Etsy shop if you like. Don't go out of your way...only if you have the time. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
I love the lemon bag. Maybe it would rather come to Texas than go to your daughters. LOL
You have been a busy bee.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Susan said...

I saw those little bags on PS I Quilt the other day, and I have plans to make one or two as gifts. They're so cute!

Donna said...

I love that bag. I'm sewing some scraps together now and I'll make one too!!
Donna

Anonymous said...

Debbie,

Cute bag! Also, I went to the tutorial because I have lots of remnants. The tutorial is very clear except I never saw "rinse and repeat" in reference to sewing before! What does she mean by rinse in this direction?

Marjorie

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
The little bag is cute!
Do you know of anyone who would want cross stitch patterns? My daughter has cleaned out her stash,there are some samplers, pumpkins etc. I would be willing to mail them anywhere in the US. My email address is:
accrisanti at yahoo dot com

Thanks!
Coleen

Anonymous said...

Beautiful items, Debbie. My favorite is the denim bag. But everything is really cute!

Lyn

Lori Harris said...

Busy bee!! These are so cute!

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...