Good Morning! Happy Friday!
Here's what's going on in my life:
1. I'm so happy that I've finally been able to lose a little weight. Since passing over that birthday, that shall remain un-named, it has been a whole different ballgame when it comes to losing weight. When I was younger, I lost weight easily. Now its very hard, but I'm doing good this time. My goal is to lose 10 more pounds by November 13th and then to never gain it back! I'll keep you posted.
2. My new quilting blog, ANGEL SCRAPS QUILTING, is taking off! I entered a quilt in the Fall Quilt Festival being held by PARK CITY GIRL last week and have had several hundred views of that post. In addition, I joined some quilting groups on line and have received some interest through those. I love this new blog!
A peek from a recent quilting post:
3. I have been to two different malls within the last 2 weeks! EEEEEKKKK! I needed to find a dress to wear to a function and as usual, had a hard time finding the right thing. Well, yesterday, I finally found it. Now hopefully I won't be visiting any malls for a while. The dress is beautiful! It has a long and flowing skirt with a cute little jacket.
4. Fall has really arrived here. Its was only 49 degrees outside at lunch time yesterday, which is very coolish for this time of year in this area. Its very hard to know how to dress when one day its in the 80s and the next day its in the 50s. I tend to dress on the cooler side so as to avoid too many "hot episodes". :o)
5. I didn't get a Christmas stocking made this past week. My plan is to make one a week, but I just plain old forgot to work on it last weekend. I was so into working on my quilts, it never entered my mind. I hope to complete at least one stocking this coming weekend.
6. I want to make some Christmas gifts. One idea is to make some of the velcro wallets that I made earlier this year. This would be a great gift for my co-worker/ friends. It would also be nice to put a small gift card inside the wallet. These go together pretty quickly, so I might be able to find time to get these done before Christmas.
I'm thinking about doing a tutorial for these wallets, if anyone is interested. The way I make them is a combination of other tutorials that I've seen and my own ideas.
7. Don't forget to sign up for my give away in the previous post. The drawing is first thing Monday morning!
I hope you have great plans for your weekend. I'm really looking forward to another Fall weekend