Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Country Corduroy Christmas Stocking



In keeping with my goal of making one new Christmas Stocking each week, I made this one this past weekend. My plan for it was a "country" look. Hence, the corduroy fabric and plaid cuff and lining.

I need to read my own tutorial HERE, because I forgot to add the seam allowance!!!!! I decided to finish it as it was by sewing very narrow seams to make up for the lack of seam allowance. It did turn out a little smaller, but will be ok.

Here are the three I've made so far:

6 comments:

Pen Pen said...

love the stockings.... I can just imagine the country stocking hanging in a rustic log cabin somewhere.

Rose Mary said...

I like the way those look, Deb. I haven't made stockings in years. I made some for my daughters when they were little. I made them very country~quilted look material and I cross-stitched on the cuffs. I'm enjoying seeing your creations!

Daily Sip Studios said...

Nice stockings! You are so creative. I can't believe its already that time of year again!

Lyn said...

Those are beautiful! I love the different variety, as they are all so unique.

Elizabeth said...

Hi Debbie,
How pretty. I wonder what Santa is going to put in yours???????
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Che Birba said...

Hi, I'm Laura from Italy! I have a blog and I'd wrote a post where is cited also your blog:
http://chebirba.blogspot.com/2009/12/blog-by-blogspot.html

I'd like to invite you to visite my italian blog, bye bye Laura!

Your blog is very interesting!

Pockets of Time

Good Monday morning to you! I've been really busy lately, but I am trying to manage my time better in order to get more things done...