Good Friday morning to you!
We had some large unexpected repair bills this week for our water pump and air conditioner. It was also time to buy new tires for my "old lady car". But, instead of dwelling on the negative side of this I want to keep things positive!
Oh, what a blessing it is that we have plenty of water and an air conditioner to begin with! And the cost of a new set of tires is about the same as one car payment would be for the average person in America. We've not had a car payment in over a year!
Here are some of the small frugal blessings I've received recently:
1. I received $13.00 into my Paypal account from Ebates. I was surprised that I had reached this amount since I don't normally order a lot of things on line. The amount has to be at least $10.00 and they only transfer the money to you about every 3 months.
2. I was able to answer two surveys this week on line which earned me $6.00.
3. Amazon.Com has pulled out of North Carolina as far as its affiliate program goes so I received $5.79 into my checking account when they closed my account. Ordinarily the amount would have to reach $10.00 before they make a transfer. I assumed that I would never reach $10.00, so had forgotten about it.
4. I was able to order some items on clearance for my daughter and grandson from Old Navy using a free shipping code. I went through Ebates to order and earned $4.48more in that account.
5. I was going into Food Lion and noticed a coupon laying on the sidewalk. I picked it up and it was $2.00 off Scott Toilet Paper. The toilet paper happened to be on sale that day too.
6. I printed out a $5.00 off $20.00 worth of meat at Food Lion this week and was pleasantly surprised to find lots of marked down meat with good dates. I was able to really stock our freezer with some good meat such as beef stew, hamburger, pork chops and inexpensive steaks for only $15.00.
7. I started collecting Coke Rewards points. We purchase lots of drinks at work in the 12 pack cardboard cartons and my hubby gets bottle caps from his workplace. I also have a friend who has given me some codes. I already have about 150 points in only a week! I'm not sure what I'll spend them on, but maybe a "Country Living" magazine subscription.
8. I have 41 Swag bucks. If you would like to sign up for Swagbucks, click on the thingie on my right side bar. That way I can earn referral points when you win swagbucks.
9. My Upromise Account is slowly growing because of E-Coupons. I purchased diapers and Wacky Mac which earned $3.00. I know that's not much money, but I think its neat that the money just shows up in there. E-Coupons are definitely something I will use from now on.
10. If I honor God with my finances, I know that He will bless me in that area. One small way to do this is to follow the rules when it comes to coupons. The Food Lion on-line coupons state "One Print Per Person". But, the print process allows you to print as many as you want. I've decided to only print out one, even though I would love to use some more of those $5.00 of $20.00 meat ones!!!
And you never know what kind of coupons He might put on the sidewalk for you!
Check out the Life As Mom Blog for more Frugal ideas!
Good Morning! I worked in the sewing room on Saturday and completed two more of the small monogrammed tote bags that I am working on for C...
Note: If you want to buy clothespin bags, please visit MY ETSY SHOP (CLICK HERE) But, feel free to make your own from this tutorial! T...
We are getting lots of tomatoes from our little kitchen garden and I am trying to make use of each and every one of them. We've been eat...