Friday, July 10, 2009

Spiderman is ready to quilt!

Here is the quilt sandwich laid out on the floor. In accordance with the demo on The Ulmer Quilter website found HERE, I did not baste or pin baste the quilt as I usually do. I only put some pins around the outside edge of the quilt. Of course, this would only work using the quilting frame. When machine quilting, I will need to pin baste well.



The quilting frame gently stretches the layers so there won't be any puckers. I am using Hobbs Heirloom Cotton Batting for this quilt. I "inherited" three queen size packages of this nice batting from my sister who isn't quilting any longer. This batting will give the quilt an old fashioned feel and when washed will have the look of an antique quilt.

Here it is in the frame.




I have all my quilting supplies ready. Quilting needles, hand quilting thread, small scissors and a quilt marker. I will only need the marker for marking quilting lines on the borders. First I will quilt the spider web lines in the center of the quilt, working my way to the outside. I'm not sure what pattern I will use for the borders yet, but probably a cable design.



This weekend, I plan to start quilting this Spiderman quilt, continue working on the leaders and enders quilts and make some new clothespin bags for my Etsy Shop.

7 comments:

Terri said...

I need to get one of those quilting racks! They are so neat. Anytime I try to quilt something bigger than crib size on the sewing machine, it's a disaster!

Anonymous said...

You are so good! Keep it up.
Marjorie

Little Penpen said...

Looks great! I really want a quilt frame like yours. Is this quilt for that special grandson?

karylsquilts said...

hihi, My ulmer was shipped this week ,, and I got it set up yesterday !,,,,, very nice, tidy lil frame. Thanks for the demo Idea.

Brenda said...

Great job!

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the spiderman fabric?

Debbie J said...

Hi anonymous,

The fabric came from Walmart.

Thanks.

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...