Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Pocketbooks

I am in the mood to make some pocketbooks!

August arrives Saturday and you know what that means? Time for some transitional wear. Not really Fall colors, yet not spring either. Trust me with the temperatures here in the Coastal Plain of North Carolina, you don't want to wear Fall weight clothing either.... argh! But some clothes with a little darker tone that can be worn into fall are in order. We will have hot weather here until well into October.

But, back to pocketbooks. A friend furnished this fabric for me to make her a fall pocketbook. You can't tell from the picture how pretty the fabric is. There is just a touch of gold sparkle around the leaves of the smaller print fabric.



I have searched through my many stacks of fabric looking for just the right fabric to make myself a new pocketbook or two and just don't have what I want. I am going to use a new pattern found HERE. My thanks goes to Rhonda at A Home With a Smile for the heads up for the pattern.

Isn't THIS POCKETBOOK cute that Rhonda made from the pattern? I love it. The pattern promises to be quick and easy. I want to make a couple to carry me through the end of summer and fall. Today at lunch I hope to go to a remnant store to see if they have anything I like. All I need is 1/2 yard, since I have plenty of fabrics that can be used for the lining. If I find anything, I will post a picture tomorrow.

5 comments:

Terri said...

I LOVE that fabric!!!! Gorgeous!

Keeper of the Home said...

Thanks for the tip on the pattern. I am thinking of attempting it.

Unknown said...

I want to do this too! :) I love being able to customize something to your own taste. I like rustic, old fashioned things and now I can make a purse to match that. :) Thanks for the post!

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
I just love the new pattern. I wonder who that friend is????LOL I can't wait to see the ones you make for yourself.I am ready for fall too.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Alexandra said...

I like that one as well!

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...