I've been tagged by Alexandra and Dianne. Alexandra's tag is to name six things that make me happy and Dianne's tag is to name six random things about me, so I hope to combine them both in one post!
Six Things that make me happy and random tidbits:
1. My Hubby, of course. He always makes me laugh and is so much fun to be around. A random tid bit: We are both the youngest in our families, but he was a late baby for his mother. His brothers and sisters were much older than him and he has nephews who are older than him.
2. Sewing/quilting. If you've read my blog, you know this already! Random tidbit: My first real quilt was made using the Georgia Bonesteel Lap Quilting System, because I didn't have a quilting frame and thought this was the only way I could make one. My Lap Quilting book is raggedy I've used it so much. The quilt was for my daughter and was a Sampler Quilt. Maybe I can take a picture of it while at her house some time to post here.
3. Reading the Bible and spiritual books. I don't do this nearly enough, but I feel such peace when I do. Random Tid Bit: I am trying to read the Bible before I do anything else in the morning. I get side tracked by the computer sometimes. I noticed the other day that the computer (dial up!) was so slow first thing in the morning that I couldn't use it until the virus protection finished updating. I think maybe God is trying to tell me something!!! Now I read the Bible while the computer is doing its thing.
4. Blogging. I never knew how enjoyable this would be and how many new friends I would make in the process. Random Tid bit: It took me much trial and error to figure out the whole blogging thing. I'm still not too good at lots of things. It makes me sad when I don't get many comments, but realize that doesn't mean the content isn't good. Comments make me happy! (hint, hint, hint)
5. Couponing/thrifting/deal shopping. This is a hobby that has the side benefit of saving money. Random Tid Bit: It makes me nervous to go up to the counter in a store with all my coupons. I feel like the clerk and the people in line behind me are irritated with me. I'm trying not to let it bother me. I do try to have my stuff organized and not make a stink when something won't work. After all, its only a dollar or two. I just say ok, and go on.
6. Just being home.... candles, music, sewing, gardening, cooking, cleaning, loving. Random Tid Bit: I think I could stay home for days and not mind. I don't have to be on the go like some people, who my husband jokingly says are working for the state packing the roads! LOL
I tag anybody who reads this and wishes to participate! Let me know so I can read the random things that make you happy.