Monday, November 10, 2008

Lunch time CVSing

For the last couple of weeks I've been going to CVS and Walgreens to start building up my supply of sale priced items such as toothpaste, deodorant and shampoos.

Week before last I bought 2 packages of Playschool diapers for a shower gift and got $5.00 EBs. Last week I went back and bought my daughter 2 packages of Pampers, used a $1.50 mfg coupon, used a $5.00 off $25.00 order (I picked up $5.00 worth of needed items to make my order $25.) and the $5.00 eb from the week before. I received another $5.00 extra buck and another $5.00 of a $25 order.

This week I bought:

5 bottles Palmolive dish washing liquid
1 bottle Fructis shampoo
2 bottles Listerine (code blue for kids)
2 boxes Electrosol dishwasher tablets (25 count)
4 bottles St. Ives Body Wash
1 box of Kelloggs cereal
2 tubes Colgate toothpaste

I used 5 $1.00 coupons, 1 $5.00 EB and 1 $5.00 off $25.00 order. I paid $29.53 out of pocket and received $30.00 Extra bucks for my next order.

I plan to buy the Crest Pro Health toothpaste that is free after EB all month, as soon as my store gets some in, assuming they do get some in before the end of November. I can roll some of my EBs from today.

Also, if I could go back before the end of the day I'll buy the L'oreal anti wrinke cream that is free after EB. I can roll one of the EBs I got today at lunch and spend no money out of pocket. Its only on sale through today.

TOMORROW, WALGREENS!!!!

5 comments:

Mom2fur said...

I need to re-check the CVS circular, since nothing there really impressed me this week.
Your answer to Shadow's meme cracked me up!

Lindy said...

I don't have a CVS near me but it sounds like you can get some awesome deals!

I can't wait to hear what you pick up at Walgreen's! :)

ancient one said...

CVS is in the busiest part of town. I've been there once or twice.

I don't do the coupons as much anymore. Quite a few years back, I was racking up at Krogers with double and triple coupon days. I've had them do my purchases twice at times. They just couldn't believe I could get so much for so little. Now Krogers is in the busiest part of town and I've gotten too lazy to clip the coupons. See what getting old will do to you? LOL

Anonymous said...

You are amazing, Debbie.

mjw

Little Penpen said...

Wow, that was totally confusing... but I get it! When I had more time, I could really get into the EB stuff at CVS. Maybe again soon!

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...