Saturday, October 25, 2008

Saturday Sewing - Christmas Sewing

Today I have done quite a bit of sewing and thoroughly enjoyed myself. The day started out cloudy and drizzly and slowly cleared as the day went on. I haven't left the house except one trip out to the mailbox. I kept my jammies on until mid afternoon! I cooked Spaghetti for supper. That's the kind of day I need every now and then, but it was a little too quiet.

This is a Christmas Wallet I made to match the Christmas pocketbook I made a couple of weeks ago:




Click here to see the Christmas Pocketbook, in case you didn't see it when posted before.

I also put together three more bags for my Etsy Shop, one of which was my first Christmas Reusable tote. I think they would be great to use as gift bags. I am planning to use them for gifts that I'll be giving this year. The bags can be reused by the recipient and are much nicer than paper gift bags. One way to reuse them would be to store Christmas decorations, etc. and then the next Christmas give someone a gift in the same bag. Unless you buy paper gift bags at the Dollar Tree they are very expensive and most people just throw them away. I keep every one I get to reuse as many times as possible.

This is the Christmas Gift/Grocery/Tote Bag I made today. Isn't the ric rac cute?



Don't forget that you can make your own bags using my tutorial on the right or one of the many other tutorials on the web. But, if you are interested in buying some bags, the above bag and the other two bags I made today can be seen in my Etsy Shop on the right side bar.

I hope your Saturday was good too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
I wonder who the wallet is for. LOL I went shopping today and bought a pink christmas tree. LOL
Today was day out. I so happy you got to stay home and play. What fun.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Such a great idea about using the totes for gift-giving! I had not thought of that.

I'm looking forward to seeing your holiday items.

ancient one said...

ok.. now so you will know.. I'm having a give away... and you are featured... come see

Anonymous said...

Cute bags and wallets! I admire that you sew so well.

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...