My camera is not working again!!! Its very hard to post what I want to post without pictures, but until I can get a new camera, so be it....
This is what is going on in my life this week.
1. I have been crocheting a scalloped edge around some flannel baby fabric I purchased. I've been trying to learn this off and on for over a year and I finally did it. This first one is my "learning project" so its not perfect, but its good enough I would give it as a gift. I have learned from my mistakes and will do better on the next ones I hope.
I am dying to show you a picture. AAAARRRRGGGHH!!! I also would love to show you pictures of similar work my grandmother did over 50 years ago. Eventually I'll show you.
Here is my best descriptive picture of the flannel blanket I'm working on. Try to imagine it in your mind's eye.
The fabric is 36 inches square made of prewashed flannel. It is blue with white sheep with black faces all over it. The crochet edging is made from white crochet thread, not yarn. It is scalloped and the finished effect looks kind of like lace.
I am happy to be working on this because it gives me something to do that doesn't involve the sewing machine too much and is portable. I do use the sewing machine to hem the edges before starting the crochet work.
Here are the two links I used to learn this new craft: HERE and HERE.
Both of these sites have a wealth of information for sewing and all kinds of crafts.
2. I received an email yesterday saying I had sold a book I listed on Half.Com months ago. I had forgotten all about it and was worried that I might not even still have the book, but it was right where I put all the books listed for sale. I think I'll probably make about $1.00 profit. LOL :o) I think in the future I won't list books that won't make at least $5.00 profit. Hey, at least I could buy a McDonalds Large Sweet Tea with that $1.00!
3. My new vehicle (well, new to me) is a good sturdy car. I jokingly call it my "old lady car". When I told one of my friends and my sweetie this, they both said, well you are! They are just joking, but I think I need to snazz it up a little with a bumper sticker or front license plate. Maybe I need to get some fuzzy dice or a flower lei to hang on the rear view mirror..... just kidding. This car drives like a dream. I do miss my old van..... but, I must move on..... Do any of you get attached to your vehicle? They do hold memories, don't they?
4. Speaking of memories, my church holds so many memories! I was sitting there this past Sunday remembering all the things in my life that took place there. I have attended the same church all of my life. There are many happy memories and many bitter sweet. Weddings, funerals and all the stuff life is made of.
5. My Grandson is now not only walking whereever he wants to go, but saying lots of words! Recently he looked at his Daddy and said "Up!" Daddy said, "You want to get up?". He said "yes". I think that's pretty good for an 11 month old. He'll be one year old in a couple of weeks and I can't believe how fast his first year has gone by. He is the sweetest thing in the world and I love him so much!
6. My son was gone for several days on a trip to the Mountains of N.C. and TN this past week. I was in charge of taking care of his goats. They don't need much care, just plenty of water and some food. They graze in their fenced off area which is about 3 acres, so they get most of their food that way. He called the day before he was to come home and jokingly asked me how many of his goats were dead. I said, "None that I know of!". Sure enough the next morning I saw that one of the goats had indeed died! We're not sure what happened, but he now has to take care of burying the goat. He still has 10 left.
7. Not to end this blog post with too much sad news, but our elderly sheltie, Dave, is not going to be around much longer. I am torn between taking him to the vet to have him put to sleep and hoping that he'll just die in his sleep. Lots of memories are tied up with him too!
8. We are having a bad heat wave here in N.C. this week, but the weekend forcast is looking much cooler. I have been trying to bring my lunch to avoid going out in the heat and also to avoid those jitters I get when driving during lunch, since that's when the wreck I had a couple of weeks ago happened. I still haven't driven down that same street since the accident.
I hope your Thursday is going well and that the prospect of the weekend is as exciting to you as it is to me!
Its hard for me to believe February, 2018 is already almost over! March is almost here and it just doesn't seem possible. The most...
Note: If you want to buy clothespin bags, please visit MY ETSY SHOP (CLICK HERE) But, feel free to make your own from this tutorial! T...
We are getting lots of tomatoes from our little kitchen garden and I am trying to make use of each and every one of them. We've been eat...