Friday, March 7, 2008

Great Laundry Detergent Stock Up

This is an update for my great Laundry Detergent Stock Up. I posted a picture of the great deal I got on 10 bottles of Purex Laundry Detergent in October, 2007. I estimated that the detergent would last 9 months. I tried to use only the amount needed based on the size and dirtiness of the clothes.

Well its almost 5 months later and I have two bottles left. I'm afraid I seriously over estimated how long the detergent would last!!! :o( However, I'll stretch these last two bottles as long as I can and see what I end up with.

I'll update you when the last bottle is gone!!!!

Anyway these are my tips for saving money when doing laundry:

1. Use less than the recommended amount of detergent based on the size of the load and the dirtiness.

2. Don't wash clean clothes. Sometimes in my house clothes get washed because "certain" people think that's easier than hanging them up! Now you know that's happened at your house too!!!

Here's a cute story. A friend of mine had a nice basement laundry room with a laundry chute. She placed a clean stack of clothes on her son's bed and asked him to put them away. She headed back into the basement and was met with the thud of a clean stack of clothes going back into the laundry chute!!! It was easier for him to do that than to go put them away!!!

I have been known to remove from the pile of dirty clothes and hang up certain items of clothes that just weren't dirty. The owner never knew the difference.

3. I've never made my own laundry detergent, but that's certainly a good option for those who want to do that. I do wait until laundry detergent is on sale and use a coupon.

4. Use 1/2 a dryer fabric softener sheet.

5. Hang up or hang out as many clothes as possible.

For more Frugal Friday tips go to Biblical Womanhood.

No comments:

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...