Sunday, January 13, 2008

Weekend Update



We are having a quiet Sunday. The weather is cool and cloudy here after another week of above normal temperatures. Its so nice to be able to stay inside and relax. I've already had a power nap!

Yesterday was spent doing household chores and sewing. I finished a pocketbook I was working on all week and completed another one. We ate mugs of chili all afternoon while watching our team lose badly to our hated rival.

Today after church we had Crock Pot Roast, gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potato fluff, garden peas and crescent rolls. This time I put a topping on the sweet potato dish of brown sugar and pecans as well as marshmallows. It was too sweet, but still good.

This is a picture of the amazing growth of my Paper Whites. My husband bought me this kit for Christmas and I planted them less than two weeks ago. Can they be planted outside after they bloom? I don't know.

I have been watching my E Bay listings with anticpation. I have 4 auctions that end tonight around 9:00. I have a 99 cent bid, a $3.50 bid and a $7.50 bid. These items also have several "watchers". One item has no bids or watchers, but I'm still holding out hope. I'm already coming up with my items to sell this week. I think I'll try to list items on Tuesday nights for 5 days which means the auctions end on Sunday night, as I was advised by more seasoned E-Bayers. When yard sale season starts up in full force I hope to find items to resell on EBay.

Ideas for items to sell this week are 2 stainless steel mixing bowls I've had since 1976 that came with an electric mixer. The mixer is long gone, but the bowls are good and I haven't used them in years and years. I checked E-Bay and they sell pretty good. Also I have a couple of more exercise DVDs and I think I'll try to sell a "grab bag" of 2 1/2 inch wide quilting fabric strips. I enjoy buying fabric scraps on E-Bay, so maybe someone would want some of mine.... Maybe.

1 comment:

Little Penpen said...

Sounds like you had a nice weekend. I am looking forward to you opening your Etsy shop. When we lived in western NC, I put some of my things in a local consignment shop for crafters. I did pretty well, especially with Christmas ornaments. We have a similar shop in town here that I am thinking of doing a few things for soon. Good luck with your Ebay; I used to do that a lot when we lived in the mountains. It is so much fun.

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...