Thursday, December 13, 2007

Busy Days

I have been getting up even earlier than usual and getting so much done at home! Yesterday I was awake at 2:00 A.M. and finally just got on up at 3:00 A.M. I did the majority of my Christmas decorating before going to work. This morning I was up at 4:30. I made lasagna for tonight's supper, finished one load of laundry and completed another load. I also did a little bit more decorating.

I worked on a little surprise for my husband that falls under making your home a haven category. I have seen lots of posts lately about making your home a haven and also making it a place of peace for your husband and family. He might read this blog today so I won't go into details. (grin)

My son had another set of twin goats born yesterday so that makes 3 sets of twins in a few days time! They were cavorting about this morning when I took our dog out. They are so funny! How can something only about a foot tall play around like that?They are only a few days old.

Sunday I made a recipe for dinner rolls using my bread machine that turned out really good. I will be making this recipe lots of times, especially for Sunday dinners. I let the bread machine do its work and then placed the dough in the refrigerator while we were at church. When I got back from church I rolled it out, let it rise, etc. as the recipe says. Here is a link for the recipe: Annie's Dinner Rolls.

Our menu was an old standby: BBQ chicken, chicken and pastry, field peas, corn, sweet potato souffle, and the rolls. We love Carolina Treet BBQ sauce. If you don't live around here, you might not be able to find it. It is made in North Carolina and is so good. It has a unique flavor, not like the regular manufacturer's brands.

I wanted to post pictures of the baby goats and the finished baseball quilt, but will have to do that later!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Patty said...

its so much fun having baby goats around. We have had one set of triplets born and one set of quads born in our goat keeping years

Little Penpen said...

Can't wait to hear more about making your home a haven! The suspense is killing me. You are one busy bee... how do you survive on so little sleep? I have to have my sleep ... or no one likes me! (not even myself)

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...