The time changed back to standard time this week, so you know what that means: Everybody's body is still on day light savings time. I was dog tired when I got home yesterday and it was already almost dark!
So my kitchen tip is to prepare everything for supper that can be done ahead of time before leaving in the morning. Even if you are staying at home all day, this would prevent those end of the day doldrums!
This morning I planned my supper which will be pan fried cubed steak, rice with gravy and salad.
Even though these might seem like simple things they will make a difference tonight.
Here's what I did:
1. Unwrap steaks, rinse off and place in a covered bowl in the fridge.
2. Put the flour for dipping the steaks in a covered bowl and set out on the counter.
3. Got out my frying pan, making sure it is clean and ready to go (not in the dishwasher)
4. Got out my vegetable oil.
5. Got out the rice. I could have measured this and the water for it, but didn't this time.
6. Got out the pot that I'll be making the rice in.
7. Got out the lettuce, prepared it for the salad by rinsing it and cutting it up and placed in a covered plastic bowl in the fridge.
8. I ran out of time, but wanted to prep the carrots, bell peppers, etc. for the salad. I did check to see what I have on hand for the salad and can now prep it while the steak and rice are cooking.
I hope this will make a difference when I get home today!
For more Kitchen Tips go to http://tammysrecipes.com/.
Good Morning! I worked in the sewing room on Saturday and completed two more of the small monogrammed tote bags that I am working on for C...
Note: If you want to buy clothespin bags, please visit MY ETSY SHOP (CLICK HERE) But, feel free to make your own from this tutorial! T...
We are getting lots of tomatoes from our little kitchen garden and I am trying to make use of each and every one of them. We've been eat...