Monday, September 3, 2007

Chocolate Chip Cookies


I know, I know, this is not an example of "eating right" like I listed in the sidebar!!! But I had this half bag of chocolate chips in the cabinet that needed to be used up, so I made these cookies!!!

This is the best chocolate cookie recipe I have found. It freezes really well. I had some in the freezer that I forgot were in there. I took them out and cooked them and they were great. I got this recipe from Flylady's website. A flybaby in Texas sent it in a couple of years ago.

I only had 1/2 bag chips so I halved everything else too. I don't usually use pecans unless out tree produces at Christmas time. Too expensive and the cookies are good without them.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
2/3 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspons vanilla
1 12 oz bag semisweet chocolate chips or chunks.
1 1/4 cup coursely chopped pecans (optional)

1. Heat oven to 325 degrees
2. Combine flour, soda and salt in a bowl, set aside.
3. Beat together the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy about 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until blended. Stir in the flour mixture until blended and dough forms. Stir in the chocolate chips or chunks and pecans if using.
4. Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
5. Bake in 325 oven 15 to 17 minutes, until golden brown around edges and lightly colored on top.

Helpful hints: I used spreadable margarine sticks. If using regular margarine or butter, it would be good to let them soften ahead of time. I used a hand held mixer for the whole thing. Just be careful not to sling chocolate chips all over the place like I did! (I get to eat any slinged chocolate chip:o)) I can make 20 cookies on a cookie sheet if I make 5 rows with 4 cookies on each row. As soon as they start to turn brown, get them out. After about 1 minute use a metal edge spatula to lift them off the cookie sheet and onto a cooling rack. I only made 1/2 recipe today and had enough for 2 cookie sheets. I cooked one cookie sheet full this morning and put the rest in the fridge for later today or this week.

My oven doesn't cook true to the temperature it says. It cooks hotter, so I have to cook mine at 300 degrees and take them out a minute or 2 faster. You know your oven, so cook accordingly!!!

September is here and we have slightly cooler weather for a few days, so Fall can't be far away!

I plan to make the most of my favorite time of year with lots of fall-type things. Are you ready for Fall? If so what will you being doing to enjoy it?

Debbie J.

3 comments:

Little Penpen said...

Yum, the cookies look wonderful! I plan to try the recipe, as I love chocolate chips and I love peanut butter, so they have got to be delicious! PS... that's a good looking group of women and good looking little man in the "generations" photo!

Bobi Jensen said...

I'm looking forward to fall weather. The mornings/evenings are getting a little cooler, but the days still are pretty hot!

I've decided to do some cloth diapering so I'm VERY curious about the fitted diaper you made. I was a little scared to make some myself but the one you made turned out so cute, I'll have to go looking at that site. Give me any hints I may need!

Alexandra said...

Those look so good! I'll have to try these next.

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...