Friday, June 8, 2007

Frugal Friday

I have learned from several frugal books and blogs that having a gift closet is a good money saving strategy. I have been slowly building mine up. It occurred to me this week to have a theme for certain people for Christmas, birthdays or Shower gifts or get well gifts. For instance, I am currently doing some kitchen theme gifts. I will slowly over the course of the year accumulate kitchen gifts at clearance sales, yard sales, etc. I have purchased some "Not Just Beans Cookbooks" on line yesterday for only $5.00 each. I will collect dish towels, kitchen utensils, or maybe the ingredients for a recipe in the cookbook. A container to hold the items with a kitchen theme, such as a colander or baking dish, would be great too.

Other themes could be: Bathroom articles, gardening, movie night, Devotional, etc. The possibilities are endless. A great family Christmas gift is a "movie night basket", filled with popcorn, snacks, drinks, and movies.

Having themes would give the gift closet direction, instead of just filling it with random items.

Debbie J.

For other great frugal ideas go to http://www.biblicalwomanhood.com/blog.htm

No comments:

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...