Sunday, April 20, 2008

Saturday Sewing

Sometimes I just want to create something different, (as in not John Deere!) so yesterday I made this "farm scene" clothespin bag. I love this fabric and have used it here and here. I found some matching fabric for the lining in my stash, as well as the ribbon trim. I love the combination of colors. When I posted the picture of the Bible cover I had a comment that the Sheep was a good thing for the Bible cover because Jesus is the Good Shepherd. Now I think about that every time I see it!

This bag is now listed in my Homemaking Dreams Etsy Shop.



If anyone is interested, I was thinking about doing a clothespin bag tutorial. I would love to sell these in my Etsy Shop, but if anyone wants to make their own, I'd love to offer any instructions I can.

The great thing about these bags is that they can be used to store lots of things other than clothespins. My daughter uses hers to store plastic grocery bags she is recycling. I think they would be cute in a child's room to store small items like stocks, toys, etc.

I seem to be gearing my Etsy Shop toward "earth friendly" or "go green" items. So far I have reusable shopping bags and clothespin bags in the shop. This week I'd like to make some cloth napkins to add to the shop.

I'm still planning to make the camouflage shopping bags I posted about Friday. I'm also working on two John Deere bags. One is the medium size bag I have been making and the other is smaller. I'm excited about the new size. I think these would make cute Mother/Daughter bags.

5 comments:

Little Penpen said...

The fabric is beautiful on the clothespin bag. Yes, on the tutorial! Somehow, I missed the Bible cover. I would like to see it.

Anonymous said...

I would also love a tutorial! I agree you could do so many things with these bags!

Melinda

Mom2fur said...

Boohoo! I want a clothesline just so I can have a cute bag like that! Maybe in my next house...
It's really adorable, and I bet it will be a hit at your Etsy shop!

Sibyl said...

I love your clothes pin bag. Would love a tutorial on it. Also love your blog, it has so many interesting items on it.

Sibyl

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
I love my bag. I use it for plastic bags.:)
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...