Friday, April 18, 2008

Frugal Friday

Frugal Uses for over the door hangers:


I recently did a post about how I enjoyed using plastic over the door hangers in the laundry room. A good frugal use for this item is to hang wet clothes on hangers to dry. The post is here. But, my Frugal Friday tip this week is another frugal use I have found for the over the door plastic hangers:






I recycle EVERY gift bag that comes into my possession and have found that two of these hooks over the back of my closet door make a great place to keep them organized. I organize them by size. The larger ones go in the back and the smaller ones go in the front.


I keep all the Christmas bags with my Christmas decorations and wrapping paper in their own storage space.


I have been placing my handmade pocketbooks in gift bags for my husband to sell. The men who have been buying the pocketbooks for gifts love having them already wrapped! So, I have about run out of the large size recycled gift bags. I have found that you can find these in pretty colors in the craft section of Walmart at a less expensive price than they are on the wrapping paper isle. I bought this set of 5 to use for Pocketbook sales.



For more Frugal Friday Tips, go to Biblical Womanhood.

7 comments:

rebeccahuff said...

I love this idea! Thanks for sharing it! I think I'll put my eco-friendly grocery bags on mine so I will actually REMEMBER to take them to the store with me!
Rebecca Huff
www.stuffbyhuff.com

Unknown said...

Great idea! I have a few of those roaming around my house, and those bags will be perfect on there. I think I will put them on the inside of the door on my "gift closet". Thanks for the wonderful advice.

Stephanie said...

That is a great idea! We have recently moved and lost a lot of storage space in our new home, so I am looking for ways to maximize the space I do have! Thank you for sharing!

Little Penpen said...

Great idea! I am forever looking for a place to store recycled gift bags. I recycle bags, bows, .... whatever! I'm buying a hook for mine!

Mom2fur said...

Thanks for the nice comment on the little dress I made! That fabric was so cheerful it just caught my eye!

Shari Ellen said...

This is going to help me. Usually I stash the gift bags in a closet and then can't find them in order to reuse them.

joyh82 said...

Love the gift bag idea.
I have bought some packs of them
from Michaels and used my coupon
to get a better deal. It's a steal
compared to buying them individually.

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...