Friday, August 7, 2009

College Bound Birthday Cake



My Stepson will have a birthday tomorrow and in exactly two weeks will be moving into a college dorm at ECU. So, I made an attempt at a birthday cake with a college theme. Ladies, decorating cakes is hard! Let me just say this: When you buy a decorated cake, its worth every penny. Anyway, I guess this cake is ok for a homemade cake. For those of you who don't live in NC, the school colors for East Carolina University are purple and yellow.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Captain J said...

As an ECU alumni, let me say Happy Birthday to him, best wishes for a successful school year and GO PIRATES! Great job on the cake!

Heather said...

i think it looks great. i'm sure he'll appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

I think it looks wonderful!

Melinda

Little Penpen said...

Go ECU!!! Your stepson will be in my old homeplace... my parents live about 10 minutes from there! Your cake is pretty and he will love it.

Alexandra said...

That is a beautiful cake! Congrats to your SS! How exciting to be starting college in the fall.

Anonymous said...

Debbie,
Your rose looks great! They are sooo hard to make.

Coleen

Anonymous said...

You do a great job! Hope that the day goes well and that the birthday boy is pleased.

It is hard to believe that he is in college, but I realize he has been a college man for two years already now. We must help him to remember that Red and White are the very best colors, however!!!

Terri said...

You are getting very good at decorating, Debbie! Happy Birthday to your step-son!

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...