Sunday, February 4, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching - Gender Reveal Hats

Its a rainy Sunday afternoon and I am crocheting some baby hats. Grandbaby number 7 is due on July 4, 2018, and the gender reveal party is this coming Saturday.  I know it will be kind of hot in July here in eastern North Carolina for any baby to wear a crocheted hat, but these are meant for a photo opportunity!  This grandma loves to take pictures and I am already making plans for a newborn photo shoot. 
 

If the baby is a boy the pink hat will be gifted to someone else, and if its a girl, the blue hat will make a good gift, as well.



This is the pattern that I printed out two years ago.  I am not a natural at crocheting and I struggled to teach myself how to make hats.  I will make the ears once I finish the blue hat above.




I'll let you know which hat will be used!

This post is linked to Kathy's Quilts HERE.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

That is going to be a cute hat. I did a similar thing with our last grandchild....made some pink and blue items. It was a girl, so the blue items were gifted to a neighbors son.

Ivani said...

Pretty baby hats.

Little Penpen said...

How adorable!! and exciting! Even in July, with everyone running their a/c inside, that baby will need a hat for a week or so! You can't go wrong!

Out My window said...

What a cute idea. My great aunt makes these out of really soft bay yarn for the local hospital. So cute and sweet.

Auntie M said...

You are a special Grandma!

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...