Friday, January 19, 2018

On My Sewing Table Friday

Another snow day = a little sewing!

I love these little clips that I ordered from Amazon a few weeks ago.  There are a lot in this cute tin, but I only use a few at the time while sewing down the back of a binding on a quilt.  They make the process so much easier.


I don't know if you noticed, but the old red truck with a Christmas tree in the back has been everywhere and in every store during Christmas.  I saw a few things during Christmas of 2016, but this past Christmas, they were on every kind of Christmas decoration you could think of.  I love them, so I made this Mug Rug, or small quilt.  I didn't have time before Christmas to get one made.  I'll put this one away until next year.


The back:






Here's a red truck Christmas decoration I bought before Christmas from Dollar General.  I also bought 2 dish towels with the truck on them, but they are packed away too deep for me to get out for a picture!


My husband loves the 1953 Chevrolet Truck, so I bought him this small model a couple of years ago for a gift.  He would love a real life size one, but oh well,.....


I love sewing Christmas items and I have a large plastic tote full of Christmas fabric.  I already have 3 Christmas Quilts, but I am thinking of making another one.

I would love to make some Christmas items all along all year.  Once November gets here, there's no time for it!

3 comments:

Little Penpen said...

I've seen the red trucks and think they are precious! Your red truck is wonderful... you actually 'made' the truck, didn't you? I bought a Christmas ornament with a red truck for my neighbors this year. I like the idea of making Christmas all along the way, because it sure does sneak up on us, doesn't it? I remember hearing of a group who used to meet once a month, on the 25th of each month, to make a different Christmas ornament together. I had always thought that would be a fun thing to do. I'm happy for you that you have a snow day... enjoy!!!

Terri said...

That is really cute, Debbie! You are so talented.

Out My window said...

I ordered these clips also and I love them. Putting the corner patches on military collars is so hard and these made it a breeze.

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...