Saturday, January 11, 2014

Weekly Menu Plan!

We have really been in a rut with our meals lately.  Do you ever get that way?  Nothing sounds good and we struggle to come up with an idea for our supper meal almost every single day.  So, I made a trip to the grocery store and tried to come up with some new ideas.

Here's this week's menu:

Saturday:  Stuffed Pork Chops, Rosemary Potatoes and Broccoli and Cheese


This is the first time I have made stuffed pork chops and THIS is the recipe I used.  I bought six thick pork chops and already had all the other ingredients on hand, except for the celery.  Although I think the celery would have been good in the recipe, I just omitted it and the end result was delicious.


The Rosemary Potatoes recipe can be found HERE.  These were really good!  My only change is that I wouldn't bother with lining the cookie sheet with aluminum foil.  Even though I sprayed the foil with cooking spray, the potatoes still stuck to it a little and when I tried to turn them the foil tore.    So, my feeling is that it would be easier to just cook the potatoes directly on the pan.


Since we were only feeding my hubby and I, we now have 4 pork chops left to eat this week!  Maybe I should freeze two of them? 


Sunday:


Fried chicken tenders, butterbeans, leftover mashed potatoes and rosemary potatoes.


Monday:

Meatloaf, Seasoned Green beans and rice.


Tuesday:

Leftover Stuffed Pork chops, Leftover green beans and/or butterbeans, and leftover rice.


Wednesday:

Hotdogs, Great Northern Beans


Thursday:  Italian Meatball Soup


Friday:

Small (less than 8 ounces) chuck eye steaks cooked in the frying pan, baked potatoes and what ever leftover veggies are on hand.  We are trying to stop food waste.


Have you planned any meals this week?

4 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Oh man, those pork chops look delicious! I just need to some live at your house... or at least have dinner with you!

Not much meal planning here... cooking for one, I keep things pretty simple. I do enjoy cooking for the kids and grandkids when they come to visit.

Auntie M said...

Two yummy recipes! Do you have fresh rosemary?

Good weekly plan.

Anonymous said...

We love rosemary potatoes and make them all the time. You are right about the sticking part, even using the spray stuff does not stop them from sticking. And here I was thinking using foil would help...ha! Thanks for that tip off.

Trying hard to get back to cooking dinner daily...really fell away from that.
blessings, jill
new reader

Rhonda said...

Lately I seem to make a meal that yields 4 servings and we eat it 2 nights in a row . It suits us and is easy for the cook and the dishwasher.
Your pork chops look delicious.

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...