Friday, January 22, 2010

Our Hot Spot


The first time I heard the term "Hot Spot" was when reading Flylady's website. In case you don't know what a hot spot is, its a place where stuff accumulates very quickly. This is our kitchen table this morning. I really need to put out the "hot spots"!

I have to be diligent in order to keep the kitchen table looking neat. This means I have to throw away junk mail, put away good mail, and clean up after myself when sewing, since I use the table for cutting fabric.

Other hot spots in our home: On top of the washer and dryer, beside my chair and beside my hubby's chair.

Oh well, the "hot spot" in the picture above shows that we are a happy, normal family!

Do you have a "HOT SPOT"?

6 comments:

Terri said...

I have two major "hot spots". My kitchen island and my entire bedroom! I'm definitely working on putting things where they belong and not just plopping them down somewhere.

Susan said...

I do! My desk and our dining room table, which are beside each other. Oh, and the built-in buffet that is across the room! Those are three places that my family and I tend to just toss things "for now" and end up leaving them. It does take constant attention to keep them looking nice.

Little Penpen said...

oh yes, we have hot spots.... the kitchen bar and on top of the dryer... when I clean off the bar, I take it to the dryer. When it gets so cluttered I cannot stand it, I'll do the big clean!

Barb said...

My hot spot is the end of my kitchen counter - I tried putting a cute bowl there with fruit in it, but when the fruit was gone, my family thought the bowl was for junk mail! I just have to be diligent about keeping it clean - everyone has one!

ancient one said...

Hot Spots... yes and my table is the main one... I take all the paper junk and move it to a chair when we eat and move it back to the table when we finish... LOL If I put it away, I lose stuff.. as long as its in the stack on the table I can find it again.. I've given up ...

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm Hot Spots, the kitchen bar,the desk, next to my husbands chair and the cellar. I did do a big clean out of the cellar the beginning of Jan but now my hubby needs to do his side. Oh well always a work in progress.
Coleen

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...