Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Whatcha Working On Wednesday

Its Wednesday already? Thank goodness for a short work week!

Today is Whatcha Working on Wednesday at Leslie's blog, My Country Home.

I turned on my sewing machine last night for the first time in three weeks! I wanted to finish something before going to bed and so I made a clothespin bag.



This bag is in my Etsy Shop.

If you have been reading my blog lately, you will know that I have been spending lots of time outdoors. I have really been enjoying working in the yard and garden this spring. Part of the fun is to produce food, flowers or other plants for free or at a very low cost. Gardening is a great way to be frugal.



These are Mums. On the far right is a tiny Nandina bush that had come up under its mother. I spent Monday cleaning out a flower bed that I had been neglecting and found that there were too many mums scattered throughout. So I carefully dug some up and put them in these recycled pots. I plan to fertilize them and keep them pinched back until about the middle of July. My hope is to have beautiful blooming potted mums this fall. We'll see how they turn out! :o)

Have a great Wednesday!

10 comments:

Keeper of the Home said...

What a pretty bag. You have great talent!

~Warm Cozy Blessings

Rhonda said...

Debbie, it is hard to imagine that you did sew for 3 weeks!
I am working on a king size quilt for my youngests, they have June birthdays and I am hoping it will be for their birthday.

~JoAnn~ said...

Debbie~ You will have some beautiful mums come fall time. I can't wait till I can plant some things in the backyard. Love the clothespin bag even though I don't have a clothes line!!
Have a nice Wednesday..
Blessings,Joann

Heather said...

love that print on the bag! very pretty!

Little Penpen said...

It felt good to be sewing, didn't it? Your plants look great!

DarcyLee said...

What beautiful material on the clothespin bag! I love seeing your finished sewing projects. You're also going to have some more beautiful flowers later in the season.

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
I am working on a couple tea towels for a gift. I bought a Hook Latch Christmas Rug I plan to start on tomorrow.
I love my bag you made me.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

annies home said...

love the clothespin bag I only wish I had a clothes line I could use with it

Cori said...

What a fun and inspiring blog! I found you through a Google Blog search for 'homemaking'. I usually do a "Thankful Thursday" post and like the idea of "Whatcha Working On Wednesday". It would be a good reminder for me to keep up on my projects.

My best to you!

Elizabeth-Plain and Simple said...

Nice clothespin bag. I really need to make one. I have my clothespins in an ice cream bucket. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Elizabeth

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...