Monday, October 6, 2008

An Autumn Weekend

Our weekend was wonderful and busy! I love Autumn Weekends.

When I got ready to do this post I thought to myself, those people don't want to hear the boring details of your weekend. You do about the same thing every weekend. But, its in the day to day little things we all do that make up our lives. I might not go on a big trip or spend a lot of money, but I truly enjoy myself just doing those little day to day things.

Some little things from my weekend:

1. I got some sewing for my Etsy Shop done. I made two more cloth reusable grocery/storage bags and two more clothespin bags. Every time I finished one I thought "this is the prettiest one yet". LOL My goal is to use up some of the fabric I have on hand. I have lots of pretty fabric, but need to buy coordinating fabric for linings, etc. I was able to do all four of the bags I did this weekend with fabric I already had and they turned out great. You can see them on my right side bar.

2. I've realized... well I already knew this, as long as I keep moving at night, I can get more accomplished. When I stop to watch the news, etc., I soon reach the point of no return. I don't mean that I keep going really late, just an hour or so longer than usual. I can get some good sewing or cleaning done in an hour!

3. I made a big pot of chili and a big pan of lasagna Saturday. Sunday we had bbq chicken, sweet potato casserole, zucchini squash cooked with onions, field peas and noodles cooked in chicken broth. My sweetie made most of our Sunday dinner and it was good!

4. My daughter is sewing! She's using her grandmother's sewing machine and has a couple of things in her etsy shop. You can see them on my right side bar. You can also read her special sewing machine story here.

5. Church: I learned this a long time ago, but was reminded of the ACTS way of praying: Adoration, Contrition, Thanksgiving and Supplication. Notice that supplication is last. I tend to have a list of "please Lord do this" items before anything else. Would you meet a friend and immediately start asking for things? No! I also was reminded through our Bible readings that we should not be anxious about any thing. That's really hard! If we pray the ACTS way, we won't be as anxious about things going on in our life.

6. A fall scene: The corn pickers came and picked all those acres of corn behind my house. The privacy screen is gone, but now I can see acres of fields, woods and ponds and it looks so Fall-like back there. The leaves are beginning to fall and everything, including weeds :o), are turning gold and brown.

7. I'm trying to "suffer cheerfully". When I'm doing something I don't really want to do, but know God wants me to do, I am trying to not complain and even hum a little song while doing it. Makes it so much easier. After all, nothing I have to do is all that bad. I have it so easy compared to so many people, especially in other countries. Its really a sin to complain when we have it so good!

8. Coffee and hot chocolate: We are enjoying coffee so much this time of year. I love the flavored creamers, especially hazel nut. My sweetie has learned how to make coffee, which comes in handy the mornings I'm not home when I have spent the night at Mama's. (every third night) I am even having a cup of hot chocolate after I get to work, made in the microwave oven.

Do you have any special Fall day to day things to share? I'd love to hear them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We introduced our two-year-old to apple cider this year. I'm happy that she loves it as much as we do.

Anonymous said...

We introduced our two-year-old to apple cider this year. I'm happy that she loves it as much as we do.

Anonymous said...

The simple everyday things in life are good. There are so many wonderful things during the Autumn season!

I think I'll go make a nice cup of hot spiced tea. :)

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...