Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Kitchen Tip Tuesday

Cookie Tips

In the past I haven't had very good luck with cookie baking, but finally am successful with this chocolate chip cookie recipe. I now realize that this is a pretty basic recipe. In fact its the exact same recipe that is on the back of the "Sams" brand chocolate chips!

Anyway, these are the tips that help me:

1. Use cool pans. This means having 2 or 3 pans on hand to rotate with when baking several pans full.

2. Use chilled dough. The cookies don't spread out so much if you use chilled dough and cool pans.

3. Remove the cookies from the oven when they just start to brown around the edges. Even though they don't look completely done, they are perfect.

4. Remove the cookies as soon as they are out of the oven and have cooled for about a minute.

5. Use a metal edge spatula to remove the cookies. The thinner the edge the better. This is an old spatula that I have. The edge is worn down very thin and it works really well.



6. Let the cookies cool on some kind of rack. I use the broiler/baking racks that came inside some pans. As soon as they are cool enough put them in containers that can be sealed up in. This helps them to stay moist.

7. The cookie dough in the above recipe freezes really well. Freeze as much as you would want to cook at one time in separate containers and you'll always have oven baked cookies at a moment's notice. I have two containers in the freezer right now. They can be baked on a Sunday afternoon or on a week night. This will really impress your family!

For more kitchen tips go to Tammys Recipes.

3 comments:

Little Penpen said...

I have an old thin spatula that I would be lost without! I'm not much of a cookie maker since I found the ready to bake toll house cookies.

Anonymous said...

Great tips--especially about the cold pans and the thin spatula. Beautiful blog!
Amy @ http://hopeistheword.wordpress.com/2007/12/18/kitchen-tip-tuesday-salt-dough-ornaments/

Martha said...

I will have to remember to chill my dough for CC cookies. Thanks for the tips!

Blessings,
~Jane

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...