Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Happy Tuesday!

I received my five cookbooks, "Not Just Beans" from Tawra Kellam at Living on a Dime yesterday. They came really fast! I am really excited because I love cookbooks and this one is bound to be a keeper. The other four will be used as gifts. But only to someone who will really appreciate them! They were only $5.00 each and came with a free booklet, "Dining on a Dime".

I made this wonderful chocolate pound cake for Blake's birthday this weekend. It turned out really good. The cake was from scratch, but the chocolate icing was storebought (on sale with a coupon of course!)

http://www.recipelink.com/ch/2002/november/ladyandsonsdesserts1.html

I wish I had taken a picture of the one I made. It looked really pretty in my glass cakeplate.

I really like Paula Deen's recipes. She is a great Southern cook, like I aspire to be. I come from a long line of great Southern cooks.

My family loves her recipe for mexican chicken. I'll share it here too.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_32614,00.html

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...