Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Easy and Delicious Suppers

We had this supper last night:

I cooked hamburgers made from lean ground beef on the George Foreman Grill, Velveeta Macaroni and Cheese, and Green Beans with New Potatoes. I had the potatoes left over from the night before and simply combined them in a sauce pan with a can of green beans, a pat of butter, a little salt and pepper. We had all the fixins for the burgers (lettuce, tomatoe, onion, relish, mayo, catsup, mustard, dill pickle chips and hamburger buns). It was really good, easy and fast. We did not have a scrap of leftovers!

For tonight, I cooked BBQ chicken early this morning before leaving for work. The BBQ sauce was on sale for $1.00 and I had a coupon. The chicken was on sale too. It is split chicken breasts. We are having banana sandwhiches and fresh fried squash with it. In my area of the South, banana sandwhiches are a favorite!!!

This is the time of the year to make the most of all those fresh veggies. I'm ready for the fresh tomatoes and green beans. We are already getting potatoes and squash.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...