Monday, October 2, 2017

A Slice of My Life.....

Good Monday morning to you. Here's what's going on in my life this week.

What I'm wearing:  At the moment I'm still in my comfy clothes with a quilt tucked around me as I type this.  The temperature dropped enough outside that its slightly cool inside.  Its 69 degrees in here with no AC running.  That's the way I like it!

What I'm going to wear today:  I hung my clothes for today on the hook on the closet door yesterday.  Its black pants, purple and black striped top that has gold buttons on the shoulders.  A long necklace that has gold and black beads on it.   Black sandals.  I'll wear sandals a few more weeks before its too cold around here.





What I'm hearing:  Bad news on TV.  The sound of dishes clinking as Hubby unloads the dishwasher.  The sound of his cup of coffee brewing.  The low hum of the fan that runs while we sleep, which hasn't been turned off yet.


What I'm working on in the home this week: I am going to work in the dining room and front entry way.  Just 10 minutes a day!



1.  Pull the dust bunnies from under the china cabinet and all other furniture with the static duster and vacuum them.
2.  Clean cob webs from the ceiling area and light fixture.
3.  Wash the glass doors at the front and back doors.
4.  Dust the top of the china cabinet and all other furniture.
5.  Declutter and clean up plants.

What's going on outside of the home:

I have a doctor's appointment this morning for my annual check up.  No coffee for me this morning!  UGG.   I don't usually eat anything until lunch, but I normally do have coffee with stevia and half and half.

Going to work every day, as usual.

What's for supper tonight:

Pork Chops.  Potatoes.  Broccoli and cheese. 

What's going on in the sewing room:

I'm working on the little monogrammed tote bags for Christmas gifts and the machine quilting of the Road Trip Quilt.  That's the plan, anyway.  I didn't touch any of that last week.  UGG 





It was a busy weekend!  I'm hoping for a quiet week and more time in the sewing room.  Just 10 minutes a day would be great!




2 comments:

Little Penpen said...

You have your week all planned out; good for you. I worked so hard last week to get my house clean, I hope to maintain it this week. Hubby and I were admiring how clean the house was before our guests arrived Friday night. He said,'well you don't work, why can't you keep it like this???' oh me, oh my... lol I am enjoying this cool morning too. I have the door propped open so the doggies can go in and out and I'm wrapped up in a blanket on the couch, drinking coffee, reading blogs. Supper for us will be finishing up the sausage we bought for Friday and I'm making a bean salad. We have leftover pie, too. I want to do some sewing this week, but I'm not sure if I will. I have started a painting project in the garage on an old table. I would like to get it done, so I can park my car in the garage again. I enjoyed this post!

Billie Jo said...

Hello!
Love the cool weather of fall too!!
I hope your appointment goes well, and you are home cozy and warm soon!
Have a lovely fall day. : )

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...