Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Fall Around The Farmhouse

Good morning! Fall is my favorite time of year and so the Fall decorating at the farmhouse has begun!

Door mat from Dollar General.  Love the few scattered leaves already at the top.

This flag is perfect because my hubby has a red truck and lots of times there are pumpkins in it!

This is what you see when you come in our back door.  I made the runner a few years ago.  The only thing new is the "harvest" sign which came from Dollar General.

A yard sale find a few years ago.
I love using what I already have on hand.  However, I would love to add some Fall dishes to my collection, so I'll be on the look out for them, especially when they are put on clearance after the fall season is over.

I grew this sunflower.

If you look close you will see that the dishes in the china cabinet are Christmas dishes!

Another red truck with pumpkins.

This is old but I bought it at Family Dollar.

The Fall quilt I made many years ago.

I love this leaf shaped bowl my daughter gave me a few years ago.

I love anything with sunflowers on it!

Fake gourds.

This is a runner I made a few years ago on the kitchen counter/bar.


This picture has battery operated flickering lights.  I bought it on a deep clearance at Family Christian Stores a couple of years ago.  Its one of my all time favorite fall decorations. 

Dollar General scare crow girl and mini stool. 

Mini stool from Dollar General.

This is what the stools look like without the items sitting on them.

An old yard sale find.

Dollar General..... again.


I'm the first person in the neighborhood with pumpkins on display.  There will be more to come!

I hope you enjoyed this little Fall tour! 

3 comments:

Little Penpen said...

Happy Fall! It all looks so pretty! I love your chicken plates. I forgot where you got them; I wonder if they are still available. The flickering picture you have is perfect for this time of year; how pretty. You have accumulated lots of pretty fall items. I have a tote full but haven't been too inspired to drag it out so far. I didn't last year either. I'm still trying to decorate my house for everyday and it's hard to think above and beyond that. lol I will decorate my porch though, I promise. Did your hubby grow the outside pumpkins?

Jan said...

Loved the pictures! I think you've inspired me to start sewing and decorating for fall!

Tammy said...

Lovely!
I get most of my stuff from Dollar General, and the Dollar Tree (everything is $1). I've used $1 a yard fabric folded and ironed (so the edges don't show) as a runner, and I love thrift shops and yard sales too.

Here's to cheapie decorating!! lol

Happy Fall!

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...