Monday, January 11, 2016

Getting organized 2016 - Organizing papers, office supplies, etc.

I'm still decluttering!   This week I am showing our office supplies and filing system.  We don't really have room for a desk or an office, so these things are tucked into a corner of our bedroom and in a drawer of the china cabinet.

Here are before and after pictures of this little corner of our bedroom where there were the leftovers of a past attempt at getting files and papers organized.  Not sure what happened there, but in the next picture, its much better.


I moved this wooden file cabinet out of my hubby's side of the bedroom closet and started going through several plastic totes and boxes that contain this type of thing.  I still need to work on the inside of that filing cabinet though!  The filing cabinet contains files such as birth certificates, homeowners and car insurance policies, car titles, etc.   The plastic file box on top contains past years' tax return information and more.  In the front is a file for putting the 1099s, W-2s and receipts needed to do our 2015 taxes.  I plan to put these things in that file as they come in the mail.


We had pens, pencils, notepads, paper clips, staples, envelopes and you name it, all over the place.  I gathered them from all the places they had accumulated and put them into this one drawer in the china cabinet.  It will be so nice to know where a pen and pad are the next time I want to make a grocery list.   Believe it or not, even though we have so many, I couldn't find one some times. 


Look how many rolls of tape I found!  I was always afraid I wouldn't have enough, so I would pick up a couple of rolls all along.  I didn't realize I had such a stash.  I can skip buying any tape for quite a while I think!


I took some before pictures of our bedroom closet and am shocked at how bad my side has gotten!  I'll post those along with the after pictures later, maybe next week.   Be prepared - those before pictures are bad!

3 comments:

Little Penpen said...

Very organized! When Mama died, I was impressed with how Daddy knew exactly where to go, to find the important papers. We def. need to develop a system soon. The pen and paper drawer looks nice; we have the same problem ... knowing there are pads around and not being able to find one. I am enjoying these posts.

Rita said...

So glad you are showing both before and after pictures. That way I can work on my same areas without self loathing and disgust. I am sure mine are worse than yours and if I follow your ideas I might just be happy with the outcome when I am done. :) Thank you!

Tori Leslie said...

Good job! I really need to do that with my fabric stash. I don't usually keep a lot of "stuff" around but i do have a lot of fabric spread out.
Bravo you!

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...