Monday, July 22, 2013

Another Mason Jar Magic Trick

A Mason Jar Salt Box:

I got this idea somewhere on the web. Just cut the top out of an ordinary cardboard salt box. Using the inner jar lid part as a pattern, trace around it and trim. It will be a perfect circle that fits perfectly on top of the jar with the ring holding it on.  Then just cover it with paper, fabric or you could just leave it as is.


Put some salt, or other shakable product, in the jar, put the lid on top and tighten down the ring. It looks much nicer than the cardboard salt box sitting in your cabinet or on the counter.


Some ideas I have for these would be for powdered parmesan cheese, pepper and sugar.  A cute spice set could be made using the really small mason jars with nice labels.   They would work well for measuring because you could slowly pour the contents into a measuring spoon or cup.

There are so many uses for Mason Jars.  I saw that the aqua blue ones are for sale again.  If I see any of them, I just may have to splurge on a few.

7 comments:

Angela said...

Cute idea! Our Ace Hardware had the blue ones. They were about $8. And yes I had to get a dozen! Angela

Mary Ann said...

This is cute!

A friend gave me a box of the blue jars for a gift! So fun!

I've seen the blue jars at Target and Lowe's.

Rita said...

Debbie,
This is a neat idea and you have so many of them. I love the canning jars and also the many tips you have on food, the pantry, sewing & garden. They all help to make my life fun and simple. And believe me lately fun has not been easy to find around here. Thank you so much for sharing! Rita

Impera Magna said...

What a GREAT idea! Definitely better than a box o' salt... very nice indeed!

Auntie M said...

Debbie, I have lots of Mason jars, not many blue ones, however. Can share, if you want some.

This is an interesting idea for any kind of seasoning or spice.

Thank you for the idea.

Meggie said...

What a cute idea....it would make a great inexpensive gift.

Ruth said...

Ingenious. Who thinks of these things? Thanks for sharing; I'm going to do this. :)

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...