Tuesday, June 25, 2013

My Plan of Attack for CVS Deals This Week

I'm really doing well with coupons and sales, both at CVS, Food Lion and Dollar General lately.  Those are the three stores that I visit most often.

I have been receiving a coupon by email from CVS almost every Thursday around noon, so I have been waiting until toward the end of the week to make my trip.  Its great when the coupon is for $5.00 of a $25 or $30 dollar order.  Other times it will be a percentage like 25 or 30 off the order.  This isn't as good because the percentage off will only apply to non-sale items and I don't buy too much at CVS that isn't on sale!  It does apply to some items that aren't on sale, but generate extra bucks, so I still benefit from it sometimes.  The email gives you the option to send the coupon to your card and so I do that, even if I don't use it.  It will automatically come off at the register, when the cashier scans your card.

Here is my plan of attack for this week:

First transaction:

Buy:

2 Colgate Max toothpaste at $2.99
2 Crest  ProHealth toothpaste at $2.99
2 Crest ProHealth Rinse at $4.99

Spent:  $21.94

Use Coupons:

2 $1.10 off the rinse
1 $2.00 off 2 Colgate toothpaste
2  $.50 off  Crest toothpaste
$15.00 EBs from last week
Total $20.20 in coupons

$1.74 out of pocket

Get back $16.00 extra bucks

Second transaction:

Diaper Deal:  Buy $30 and get $12 Extra Bucks

3 packs of Huggies at $9.49 ea.
1 Huggies Wipes at $3.00

Less $16,00 extra bucks from first transaction
Less 3 $3.00 coupons on Huggies diapers ($9.)
Less $5.00 coupon on huggies purchase of $20 that printed at kiosk last week
(Am looking for a coupon for the wipes)

$31.47 cost less $30.00 in coupons, equals $1.47 out of pocket.

Get back $12.00 Extra bucks for next week or other deals that I may do this week.

The coupon CVS sends to my email Thursday may sweeten these deals even further, hopefully.

More details later.... got to go to work!



1 comment:

Rhonda said...

nice planning! I am really happy I could do the diaper deal. We go through lots of diapers around here.

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...