Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Fabric Fairy has been again...

A friend and former coworker, whose brother in law owns a furniture store/interior decorating business, brought me a load of these fabric samples/swatches.



Some of them are the exact size I need for the hospital bed pouches from yesterday's post. Two of the color coordinated pieces would look nice, one for the outside and one for the inside.



They are color coordinated.



I wasn't sure what to do with them at first. But ideas keep rolling around in my head.

The pros:

They are color coordinated..
The fabric content is listed on the back of each..
They are all in books with a rope handle on top to carry them around with..
The fabrics are very sturdy...
Most of the fabrics are gorgeous...
Some are treated with Scotchguard, so great for pillows, totebags, etc.


The cons:

There's only one piece of each fabric...
Some of them are pretty small...
There is a paper sticker on the back that must be removed...
Where am I going to store all this?!!!
Most of the fabrics would not be suitable for quilting, but a few are.

It will be interesting to see what kinds of items I can come up with to use these new sources of fabric! I will be posting them in the future.

9 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Wow... now that is a challenge! Love your idea to use the samples for your pouches...

Debby said...

Your pouches whold be great to donate to nursing homes or hospitals. What about little zippy wallets or klenex holders

Granny said...

Those pouches would sell in your etsy shop as would walker pouches. Many people who don't sew have loved ones who use walkers. I'll be anxious to see what you do with all the samples.

Auntie M said...

What a treat! I am sure you will figure out a use for these. Maybe mug rugs as well as bed pouches.

I will watch to see all the uses you will find for these swatches.

Little Penpen said...

It's time for you to join Pinterest (if you haven't already) Lots of ideas....purses, wallets, little cosmetic bags, etc. What a treat!!

Meggie said...

This is very exciting. I just won a book from The Happy Cottage Quilter, called "Scrap Basket Sewing". That might be a book for you to look at. This is a wonderful gift from your friend !!

Denise said...

I see lots of beautiful scrap quilts in your future, maybe a table runner or two??

Denise

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
Wow the fabric fairy was good to you. I can think of lots of little projects for you to make. I agree with penny. Pinterest would be good for you to join.
XXOO
Elizabeth

Terri said...

What a wonderful gift! I love the pouches you made. I just purchased a pattern to make walker pouches. Love all the beautiful fabrics!

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...