Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Mystery Gift

My hubby has had a gift hidden in the spare bedroom for a couple of days and I was forbidden to go in there. I was so surprised to find out what the gift was! He had the old treadle sewing machine cabinet that belonged to my grandmother refinished! I really, really love this gift.

This is one of the most thoughtful gifts I have ever received. It means so much to me that he would go to the trouble to have this done and keep it a secret.





Here are a few before pictures that show how bad the condition of the cabinet was.







Merry Christmas!

9 comments:

Denise said...

What a special gift....blessings to you and your family this Christmas.

Kathryn D. Duke said...

it is just lovely, Debbie!! how special...merry Christmas!!

ancient one said...

Your husband is definitely a keeper! I know you love it!!

Granny said...

Oh my, that is beautiful. It is such a wonderful and thoughtful gift from your sweet husband. It's one you will remember every time you see the cabinet or use the sewing machine.

Little Penpen said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL...what a sweet gift! And what a treasure...the machine and your hubby!!

Auntie M said...

Truly priceless - and so is he!!!!

Deanna said...

Those tricky men! I guess that is why we keep them. So very pleased for you! :)

annie said...

Absolutely wonderful! Enjoy!

Little Penpen said...

Hey Debbie, I just looked at these pic's again on my desktop computer, which has a larger screen than the laptop. I will say WOW again.... whoever refinished this machine did an awesome job. Thumbs up to hubby!!!

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...