Friday, October 7, 2011

Octoberfest Chili


Here's how I made our chili for our private Octoberfest last weekend:

Octoberfest Chili

1 lb (or more if you like it meaty)Browned hamburger cooked together with cut up onion and bell pepper. (drained of course)
1 can of original rotel tomatoes
1 regular sized can of diced tomatoes (mine were flavored with garlic, or italian herbs or something)
2 regular sized cans of white beans (navy, great northern, etc.)
2 regular size or 1 big can of pork and beans.
1 large dollop or big rounded tablespoon of tomato paste ( I freeze individual portions of canned tomato paste, because a whole can is too much.)
1 scant tablespoon of chili powder (I pour what looks like a little tablespoon in the palm of my hand and toss it in. It may be less than a tablespoon.)
Sprinkle in some Cumin (optional)
1 cup of water

I'm sorry some of the ingredient amounts are so vague, but chili is one of those dishes that I throw in a little of this and a little of that. Each time its a little different.

Let simmer until flavors have mingled awhile.

We still have three more October weekends, so lets celebrate!

2 comments:

Terri said...

Thanks for the recipe, Debbie. I feel like my chili comes out differently each time because I do the same thing - throw in a little of everything.

Kathryn D. Duke said...

thanks for posting...never even thought of using pork & beans. I will try it..
Kathy

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...