Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Little Quilty News

This weekend I continued to work on my oldest UFO, the Wedding Gift Quilt. The decision has now been made that this will not be the Wedding Gift Quilt, but will henceforth be called Farmhouse Magic. It doesn't fit what I envisioned as a wedding quilt, but it does look like a farmhouse quilt. So it is NOW a farmhouse quilt.

I plan to use it either folded on the back of the love seat, or folded across the end of a bed. I think it would look nice laying across the end of a bed with a plain beige/tan comforter underneath. I could make matching pillow shams.

I have one more border to attach, and it will be ready to be quilted.



Another quilt I am working on using leaders and enders is the blue and beige quilt. I have a basket with 2 1/2 inch blue squares and 2 1/2 inch beige squares beside my machine and stick a pair under the foot at the end or beginning of a seam. Most of the time when making a quilt I just use sets from the same quilt as leaders and enders, but there are times when none can be used, so I use the blue and beige ones. I have accumulated 32 squares doing this, so far. I'm not sure how many I will need. The blue/beige squares will be alternated with beige squares which will yield the Irish Chain pattern that this quilt will eventually be.



Here is a blue/beige set coming out from under the foot, as an ender, behind two 5 inch squares being sewn together on the Farmhouse Magic quilt top.

8 comments:

Terri said...

The farmhouse quilt is beautiful! Blue and beige looks so good together so I know the other quilt will be gorgeous when it's done. I'm off to sew today.

Betsy said...

I love your "Farm House Quilt"! Those are my favorite colors. Have a wonderful day. Betsy

Denise said...

Love the scrappy look and the colors of the quilt.....

Little Penpen said...

I don't really understand the leaders and enders concept... will have to do a little research. But I love the blue and creme color scheme... so pretty!

Auntie M said...

How very efficient you are! Each of your quilts is special.

And, each item you add to your home adds such an interesting touch. You might ought to consider the decorating business!

Auntie M

Deborah said...

I really like the Farmhouse quilt. Simplicity at it's best! I'm a new quilter and have found that keeping things simple is the only way for me to get anything done. I'm starting a Frienship Star quilt in white, lavender and yellow today.

Deanna said...

Changing the name makes it a whole new project. That is a great idea.

Mom2fur said...

I think it's very beautiful!

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...