Monday, October 11, 2010

Pumpkin Bling



These are some pumpkins I attempted to add "bling" to for the ladies who work at my hubby's office. I think they will be cute sitting on their desks. Yes, one of them is named Debbie. Debbie was a very popular name during the time I was born, because I know many ladies named Debbie who are about my age.

The pumpkins are "pie pumpkins" bought at Walmart for 78 cents a pound. The little sparkles stick on and I used a sharpie to write the names. I pulled the ribbon from my sewing room box of ribbons.

I bought a small pumpkin to decorate with my grandson. I think he will like having his name on it. Stickers would be cute and easy for a 3 year old to do.

8 comments:

Terri said...

I think they are cute. What a nice gift!

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
How cute. Good to have you back. Praying all is much better.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Denise said...

Hi Debbie,
Was thinking about you this week and hoping you were just busy, and that your mom is okay. Love the little pumpkins, I should buy some, or at least figure out which is cheaper a can of pumpkin or fresh pumpkins that I could freeze? I know in recent years the cost of a can of pumpkin has gone way up and I'm sure the farmer isn't getting the increase.

Anonymous said...

Neat idea. And, I know that Joy and Debbie will appreciate them.

Love you.

Marjorie

Sportsgirl said...

What a lovely gift! I would be thrilled to receive that. A great idea and very pretty!

Granny said...

That's a cute decoration. One that is simple, and quick to make.

Lyn said...

Debbie, those are very cute. I like the idea as you can still use the pumpkin for cooking later too. :) I have 2 little pumpkins that I might spruce up now. Thanks for the idea.

Alexandra said...

Oh my gosh, Debbie these are so cute! I love it. I'll have to try this.

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...