Friday, September 10, 2010

In the Sewing Room

Organizing and setting up my sewing room is an on going process. I spent a little time Monday organizing everything and hanging a few things on the wall. Most of the walls in the farmhouse are made of plaster and you can't just use push pins to hang things! I know because I tried. Hanging things require the help of my hubby and his trusty rechargeable drill.

I haven't done any sewing since Monday, but have enjoyed just walking in there this week. Its a peaceful cheerful place.



The things on this corkboard make me smile.



I'm working on several projects at once and was feeling a little overwhelmed, so I organized them into a more usable system.

The "wedding" quilt is ready for more piecing. I've decided it will be the main project that I am working on right now. I bought some more fabric to go with it and now feel happier with how it is turning out. More on my trip to the "sort of big city" to a real fabric shop in a later post. :o)






The red/white and blue/beige quilts pieces in their own containers. I placed them near the sewing machine so I could continue to work on them as leaders and enders.






I've made much progress on handquilting my grandmother's quilt top. I quilt a few minutes on it most days and slowly, but surely it will get done. This weekend I plan to machine quilt the Summer Nine patch quilt. Maybe I'll be able to show some progress next week!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have great organizational skills. And your sewing room is a delight to behold. You truly have it together - and do beautiful quilting, as well.

marjorie

Denise said...

Love the tour of your sewing room, I walking in my sewing room many times just to look, glad I'm not the only one that does that, LOL.

I can't wait to see the wedding quilt you are working on, I need to finish mine for the newlyweds, they are expected to be here in early Oct!

Enjoy your day.

Granny said...

I wish my sewing/craft room was as organized as yours is. I did work on it a few minutes yesterday but have a long way to go. Your room looks wonderful.

Rhonda said...

I really enjoyed seeing your sewing room! :)

~~Deby said...

I can see my "room" from where I am sitting right now..and it is calling out to me..think I needed to read this post today...
Deby

Joyful said...

How blessed you are to have a real sewing room. I enjoyed seeing it and hearing about your projects. Happy sewing!

Mom2fur said...

What a beautiful room! I really love those shuttered windows at the back.

Alexandra said...

It's nice to have your own room for sewing. Isn't the weather beautiful now! I bet you've been outside. I know we have been outside, rather than getting things done inside. This is my favorite time of year when you don't melt within the first ten minutes of stepping outside - cooler weather.

Little Penpen said...

Your sewing room makes me happy too! So pretty and looks so comfortable.

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
Your sewing room is so pretty. You are very organized. I posted your package today. :) Have a turtle week end.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

kim said...

Your sewing room looks so peaceful and tranquil, it must be lovely to have somewhere to go, close the door on the rest of the world and enjoy alone time with your sewing.
florrie x

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...