Monday, March 22, 2010

A Farmhouse Update

Time to change from mittens to clotheslines!



Spring is finally here! No more mittens (we hope). Time to start thinking about using our clotheslines and planting our gardens.

We are still working towards moving into our little farmhouse. One nice thing about it is that we will be moving in during early spring. The perfect time of year for dividing and moving plants from the old yard to the new one. The farmhouse was built in the 1940s and I see some promising old fashioned plants that are either dormant for winter or just beginning to come up. So far I know there are crape myrtles, daffodils, nandinas, camellias, daylillies and dogwoods.

There is a bush that already has tiny pinkish red flowers on the bare branches. Does anybody know what the name of this bush is? It doesn't have any leaves yet and has long skinny branches covered in tiny pinkish red flowers. I should know the name of it, but can't think of it!

4 comments:

Rita said...

Debbie,
I must have missed the post about why you are moving. Is your husband getting a new position? To be near to grandchildren? You have over time developed the most beautiful blog and hopefully I will gain energy through your encouragement. Each night I just want to feed and walk the dog, eat dinner and rest in front of the TV with an old time sitcom. Sometimes grading papers. Love your sewing projects and hope to get my machine ready to use this summer. Best wishes to you in your move.

Little Penpen said...

Spring is a wonderful time for new beginnings! I'm not sure about the pink bush either... there is a pink tree that blooms early that is some type of "almond". I would have to look it up.

Nanci said...

This must be a wonderfully exciting time for you!!

Anonymous said...

A 1940's farm house sounds wonderful! Hope you share pic's after your move! :)

Melinda

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...