Sunday, January 3, 2010

Some Food Lion Deals

Be sure to sign up for Food Lion's weekly email which usually includes some great store coupons. The coupons are good for a couple of weeks. What I do is check to see if the items are on sale the first week that I get the coupon. If its not on sale that week, it might be the next week. If it doesn't go on sale and its still a good coupon, I will make sure I use it before it expires. I especially appreciate it when Food Lion issues coupons for fresh meat, produce or dairy products.

In order to stay on top of the Food Lion and CVS deals and many other deals I regularly read these blogs: Thirty Dollar Grocery Challenge, Frugal Frenzy. and Southern Savers. It is amazing to me the amount of work that goes into posting all those sale prices and coupons!

Here are a few items I bought this week at Food Lion using coupons and/or sales.

3 jars of Ragu Spaghetti Sauce for $5.00. I really like this brand so I bought 6. When I got to the register two $2.00 off your next order coupons printed out making the actual cost of the jars $1.00 each.

Jimmy Dean Sausage two for $4.00. I had a Food Lion coupon for $2.00 off 2 rolls, making these $1.00 each.

Food Lion Brand frozen pie shells (deep dish/2 to a pack) on sale for $1.69. I used a $1.00 off 2 packages making these $1.19 each. These will be handy for making my new favorite dish - Quiche.

12pk cans of 7UP on sale for $2.75. I had a Food Lion Coupon for $1.00 off making these $1.75. My guys love finding the occasional treat of cold canned drinks in the fridge!

Swiss Miss hot chocolate on sale for $1.00 each with a Food Lion Coupon of $1.00 off making it free!!!

Ten pound back of Russet potatoes for $2.88. These are so nice to have on hand for making baked potatoes.

It will be worth it for me to make a second trip to Food Lion this week, after I get today's coupons. If you buy any 5 Special K products you get $5.00 off. It is my understanding that the coupon inserts today will include Special K coupons. IN ADDITION, I will use my two $2.00 off your next order coupons earned from buying the Ragu above to minimize my out of pocket cost, not to mention the fact that the $2.00 coupons are only good until January 7th!

2 comments:

Little Penpen said...

good buys... I bought the ragu too, and I had a $1.00 coupon. Also, mayo is on sale... I have a .60 coupon, so I'll get that for 1.90 today... which is a good buy. They have some bottled water on sale this week, too.... i like to pick it up to drink at work, or on the run. And I did get one free thing last week.... a box of fabric softener sheets... i had a $2 coupon and the box was $2. I was thrilled! :-)

Sue said...

Happy New year Debbie,
Thanks for sharing these sites I will book mark them, I don't usually shop at food Lion but with deals like these maybe it is time for me to rethink. One thing for sure Food Lion is a lot closer than Wal-mart. lol.
Have a great week, Oh! by the way.. Is it cold out your way, we are very cold here.
Sue

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...