Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Whatcha Working on Wednesday - Fall Bags

Today is Whatcha Working On Wednesday at Leslie's blog, My Country Home.

Saturday I made this Fall pocketbook and wallet for a friend who furnished the fabric. I love the fabric and am so happy that there is enough fabric to make myself one!



This time I used velcro for the wallet and am very pleased with how it turned out. I have been having trouble with the snaps that you put on using a hammer. Sometimes they held great and other times, not so great. I was always worried that the person using the wallet would be getting a defective product.



I am also still working on hand quilting the Spiderman Quilt. I must get off this computer and make a few stitches before going to work this morning! Have a great day!

7 comments:

Terri said...

Debbie,

That is so cute! I love it and I especially like the fabric.

Little Penpen said...

Beautiful fabric... glad the velcro is working for you. I've never done snaps before. I enlarged the picture and love the "green thumb" picture you have hanging... love the yo yo's. Also, I saw the bag from the quilt shop... Cherry Pit? I think... is it a local shop?

Leslie said...

Very nice purse and goodies to go with it :)

I have a purse to make for my friend's mom...and I keep putting it off. I could kick myself but I just am not sure exactly what she wants. I need to talk to her...

Leslie

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
I just love my purse. I am so happy you made one for you too. :) I will think of you each time I carry it.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Alexandra said...

Pretty!

Mom2fur said...

Beautiful! I love that soft background color.
Hey, I have some of those magnetic clasps used for purses and wallets. If you want a few, I'll be happy to send them to you. No hammers needed, LOL!
In case you no longer have my address, e-mail me:
lufmikidz at aol dot com

Niki Jolene said...

You are fabulously talented! I can barely sew a button on..LOL

:)

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...