Monday, August 31, 2009

The Week Ahead


Good Monday Morning to you!

I'm hoping this will be a quiet week. The temperatures are going to be much lower than usual, which I love. A harbinger of Fall? Maybe! Real football, instead of that preseason stuff will begin. In fact NC state plays Thursday night on ESPN.

Here are some things I would like to cook this week. Instead of making a detailed menu for each day, I've made a list of dishes to choose from. I went through a cookbook yesterday afternoon and this is what I came up with.

Pork Chops There's a new recipe I want to try that uses dry mustard. I'll let you know how it turns out and if its good, I'll post the recipe.

Green bean side dish

Lasagna

Beef Stew cooked with potatoes, carrots, etc.

Bean Soup
Corn Bread

To celebrate the first football game of the season:

Deviled eggs
Beef Nacho Cheese Dip with Corn Chips (Scoops)
Brownies

The problem is that I don't quite have all the ingredients for these dishes. It would have been more frugal to take my pen and pad to the pantry and freezer and make a list of dishes that I have ingredients for.

These are the things I need to purchase in order to make the above dishes:

A ham hock
potatoes
carrots
cheddar cheese
dry mustard
Velveeta cheese
Rotel tomatoes

To Do This Week:

Go to work (of course)

Spend at least 30 minutes a day quilting

Spend a few minutes a day working in the yard, dead heading and cleaning up flower beds, etc. Its time to start purging some flowers that are finished for the summer and generally clean up everything.

Have you made any plans for the week?

4 comments:

Little Penpen said...

I hope to work in the yard this week too. When we lost a few trees a couple weeks ago, hubby decided to cut down a few more too. We now have a blank canvas on one side of the house and we have to figure out what to do there. Always something to do! I wish I was more local, I would help you finish that quilt!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good week ahead, and your food is making me hungry. :)

I love the Fall too, can't wait for it (although I wish snow didn't come after the fact).

I'm working on my schedule and with keeping on top of housework, which is going well. I love starting the week feeling like I'm not behind!

Anonymous said...

Since reading your post, I'll be thinking and making a list of things that need to be done in the month of Sept. I'm trying to get ready for a yard sale, so thats taking up most of my time right now.
Have a great week!
Coleen

Alexandra said...

It's cooler here too! It was such a surprise to open the door and feel 70 degree air outside. I took a walk tonight in the neighbrhood - lovely.

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...