Sunday, May 17, 2009

Glimpses of Home

Oh, the joys of staying home all day long on a Saturday! Yesterday, I decided to work in the yard during the morning and save housework for the afternoon. The day flew by and I was still outside at 7:00 P.M.! I only went inside to move laundry from the washer to the dryer and to hang out one load of clothes. I had to run to the clothesline to get the clothes in when a brief rain shower started.

At one point of the day I was greeted at the door by this puppy. I put him in our old dog/goat crate for fear she would get run over. She was so sweet, but thank goodness we found out that she belonged to a neighbor down the road and took her home ASAP!




I spent time in some of these areas of our yard.

The shade garden:



Vinca Vines, Pansies and a wall pot:



Some tomatoes Hubby has growing in pots:



The progress in the raised bed:



Some new plantings:



A new garden flag beside one of my favorite plants, a yellow Sedum:



Two clematis vines growing amazingly fast:



Geraniums, all in a row:



Around the bottom of the mailbox:



Next week is a three day weekend and I have plans for one more area of the yard that needs attention. Hopefully the work week will go by quickly!

10 comments:

Heather said...

everything looks great! that puppy is cute.

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
It looks like you were very busy :)
Question....what happened to your list of blogs that you follow? I was looking for ones that I liked to read but didn't bookmark them, argh!

Coleen

Debbie J said...

Hi Colleen, I put the list back on. Let me know if the ones you are looking aren't on there and I will add it. Thanks! D.

C. C. said...

Very nice yard! It is amazing how much work caring for growing things is! (Includes kids as well as gardening).

Have a nice week!

C. C.

Mary Ann said...

What a sweet little puppy. I'm glad she got returned to her owner.:-)

Your plants look great!Thanks for sharing!

~JoAnn~ said...

Debbie~ Wow your garden areas are so pretty. You put in lots of work out there.
Have a great week.
Blessings,Joann

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Debbie

Coleen

Little Penpen said...

Your yard is gorgeous. I've never put anything between my two garage doors before, but LOVE the idea. Maybe I can copycat you this week on that idea! The puppy was so cute!

Mom2fur said...

I need to start my tomatoes soon! I broke down and got one of those topsy-turvey things to try out. I'll have to post a review later in the summer!
I'm so glad you found that sweet puppy's owner!
BTW, the freezer: I had been putting it of for ages. But this week, I wanted to cut back on my food budget and use what I have (mostly), so I decided now was the time. Plastic boxes do help! I only have two I use, but would like to get at least one more. They are a little larger than a shoebox, and the lids clamp shut. They also have handles, which make them easy to lift. I use one for boneless chicken and one for pork. Both are labelled, of course! It makes it so much easier, because then I can just lift the whole box out instead of having to move ten little items.

ancient one said...

It's looking good... I want to go get me a red geranium... I gave one to mama for Mother's day and today when I was out there it was soooo pretty... I might have to go back to Sandflowers soon...

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...