Friday, May 8, 2009

Frugal Friday - More Great Store Brands

I almost always try the store brand of favorite products to see how they stack up to the real thing and here are two really good ones.

Walmart's Great Value brand of ALL PURPOSE CLEANER WITH BLEACH. This bottle costs $1.28. My intent was to pick up the store brand spray cleaner and when I got home I realized this one also had bleach. It is now one of the permanent items on my cleaning product list. That says a lot, since my cleaning product list is very short and contains just a few items that really work for me. You do need to be careful not to let any stray sprays or drops get onto colored fabric, but it works great on everything else.



One of my favorite lotions is Vaseline Intensive Care in any scent, and this Dollar General version with Aloe Vera is just as good. It only cost $1.00 a bottle. They also have other versions of the Vaseline Intensive Care brand.



You can read many other Frugal Friday Posts at Life AS Mom

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

That is my cleaner of choice for my white kitchen sink that every drop of coffee and tea stain it so much.
I just bought a new bottle last night and it was only $1.12 at my Wal-mart. For years it was 97 cents though.

Heather said...

i may have to try those items. thanks for sharing!

Niki Jolene said...

My mother uses that DG lotion too and swears by it. We don't have a Dollar General around here that I know of. Seems like they have some good products there.

:)

Alexandra said...

Good to know! I use a powder cleanser with bleach for the kitchen counter tops when they get stained. I think it's Dutch Cleanser which I got years ago at Family Dollar. That spray bleach is good for flu season! I could use it on door knobs and bathrooms.

Terri said...

You know, I hardly *ever* buy name brands anymore. I've never had a problem with anything off brand and it saves a ton of money.

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...