Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Whatcha Working on Wednesday

Today is "Whatcha Working On Wednesday" on Leslie's blog, My Country Home.

Here's what's on My Sewing Table:



This is the watermelon sampler wall hanging that is on my 2009 Sewing To Do List. This picture shows some fabrics I pulled from my stash which are "possible" choices. My new fabric storage system is WONDERFUL! Its like going into a fabric store, except there aren't as many choices. I think I do need to get a few pieces of fabric to complete the color scheme, but could make it from what I have on hand and still end up with a pretty wall hanging.

Yesterday I got the pattern out and studied it. I like to do that ahead of time with patterns to get an idea of how difficult or easy it will be. This one has a couple of things I'm not too experienced at, one being applique. I think I can do a good job on it, but it will be a challenge.

I've also made two more Spring clothespin bags. It occurred to me that these would also make good closet organizers. They could be made in all sizes and you could just hang them in the closet, on the back of a door or on the wall.

This fabric is called "Flower Party" by Daisy Kingdom.



I have named this one "Happy Cows". There are cows all over it with things like "Happy Farms" written on it. It reminds me of that tv commercial with the happy cows from California whose milk makes good cheese! LOL



So whatcha been working on lately? You can see what other ladies have been working on over at Leslie's Blog: My Country Home

10 comments:

Rhonda said...

Debbie
you are right about the bags being good in closets
I have had a similar one in my closet for years - like 10 years - it hold my panty hose while they are waiting to be washed.
hmmm- I should blog a picture of it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
I've been working on Christmas presents...right now I'm making hanger covers in coordinating fabric and real pretty lace around the bottom edge.
I like the watermelon banner, can't wait to see it finished.
Coleen

Debbie J said...

Hi Colleen,

I am impressed that you are being so diligent working on the Christmas Presents. They sound very pretty! Keep up the good work.

I just noticed that I put the watermelon sampler picture upside down!

Thanks for reading!

Debbie J.

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
I am working on some throw pillows and an apron. I am hook lathing a pillow for Dave's Christmas.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
I am working on some throw pillow and an apron. I am hook latching a pillow for Dave's Christmas.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Leslie said...

Yes, you could use your bags for all sorts of things! I still have on on my "to-do" list :)

The watermelon hanging looks nice! I'm sure it will be a fun project for summer :)

Have a great day!

Wendi said...

Your watermelon sampler is going to be so cute! I never get tired of seeing your cloth pin bags. They are darling! Your are so right, they would be great closet organizers. I thing how wonderful it would be to fold and stack my little ones tights in one.

Have a great day!

Sue said...

Hi Debbie,
I just love your clothespin bags,and your organizational skills are remarkable. I so envy women who are so gifted and talented with their hands. I probably have told you, my mother is like that. She just looks at something and makes it. Do you think I need a DNA test? lol So good visiting with you . You always inspire me to do better.
Blessings,
Sue

~JoAnn~ said...

Debbie~ I love the colors for the watermelon wall hanging. Those clothespin bags are very pretty. I live in CA and the cows they show on TV are NOT what all the cows look like here, most are in small areas with nothing but mud, sad to say. Stop by my blog later today or tomorrow, I finally have an update with some real progress in the craft room. I spent almost all day yesterday folding fabric....
Blessings,Joann

Anonymous said...

hI! i Like your ideas. I'm going to make christmas presents for this year. I hope yours turn out great. have a great day

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...